- Vacuum regularly. This will help to remove any dirt, dust, or other debris that can accumulate on the floors and cause scratching. Be sure to use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment so as not to damage the floors.
- Sweep or dry mop weekly. In addition to vacuuming, sweeping or dry mopping your hardwood floors every week will help to keep them free of dirt and grime.
- Protect your floors from furniture. Place furniture pads under all legs of chairs, tables, and other pieces of furniture to prevent scratches and scuffs.
- Don’t use harsh cleaners or chemicals. When cleaning your hardwood floors, be sure to use gentle, non-abrasive cleaners. Harsh chemicals can damage the floors and strip away the finish.
- Plan for regular professional cleaning and refinishing. Depending on the amount of traffic in your home, you may need to have your hardwood floors professionally cleaned and refinished every few years. This will help to keep them looking like new.
5 TIPS FOR EASY HARDWOOD FLOOR MAINTENANCE